Thursday, October 9, 2008

Trip to Michigan




This summer the kids and I went to Michigan to help celebrate my cousin Casey's wedding. Alyssa was the flower girl in the wedding. We also got to spend time at my Grandma and Grandpa Gomoll's house. They live on a lake in Michigan. I have very fond memories of that lake from when I was a little girl. We went there every weekend, every summer until we moved out to Nevada. Now, my kids can have some fond memories of Posey Lake too. Alyssa already asked me if we were going back there for the next 4th of July parade to help Great Grandma win another trophy. We spent time with my Mema ( my mom's mother) and all my Laughlin relatives. We are a loud and crazy bunch. Of course we had a great time at the wedding, especially when the song "Shout" comes on!! It's a Laughlin Family tradition. I also gave Casey our great grandmother's lace "hankie" that I pinned under my wedding dress for good luck. She now has to pass it on to the next Laughlin girl that gets married with the understanding that it has to be passed along. I believe Brianne wore it under her dress too. My cousin Megan had her baby boy the week after the wedding and I was able to see him while we were there. I also got to tease my cousin Leara about being preggers too! She is due in November. Just in case you are wondering I come from a very large family. My mom had 7 brothers and sisters, my dad had 6 brothers and sisters and I have over 50 cousins and step cousins ( both sides of the family). Alyssa kept asking if we were related to everyone. At the lake the kids got to swim, fish and go tubing (behind the boat). We were also in the annual 4th of July parade at the lake and helped Grandma Gomoll win the trophy for most patriotic float. We were gone for 3 weeks and had a blast. I will try to get more pictures up of the lake and the Laughlin family too! The picture of the kids is on a buffalo statue that is at the Toledo Zoo. My grandparents have pictures of my dad on it, my parents have pictures of my sister and I, and now I have pictures of my kids on it!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 2 who stays home very little. I am a girl scout troop co-leader of a group of 15 6-8 year olds. Then I have Jonathan, enough said. Dave works in Vegas so he commutes and I am the family taxi driver. I really enjoy living here in Pahrump so I can be home with my babies.