Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Family Trip to ash Meadows


Last saturday, we went to Ash Meadows wildlife refuge to explore. We got to see alot of interesting things and learn about the water system out there. We saw some pupfish that are endangered, but not the Devil's hole ones. You can't get too close to the area anymore. I think alarms go off if you get too close. There are alot of little springs that vent from the earth and have little streams that flow from them. The kids had a ball chasing lizards and bugs. We had a little picnic there and spent some time as a family and not running to and from different events. We talked to a ranger and she gave the kids an Earth Day pin and showed them some tadpoles. Bubba really liked that. We came home sunburnt and tired. Plus, I had a wet dog and wet little boy. They are partners in crime. The puppy is one Alyssa had to bring home with her back in February. Of course Dave can't say no to Dr. Doolittle. Her name is Heidi and she is a Springer Spaniel/ Aussie mix. She was chasing the fish. Not the endangered ones. I don't know if she was ever able to get one.
I highly recommend to our friends that live in Pahrump or Vegas to take the drive out there before it gets to hot while the pupfish are active. They were neat to watch.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 2 who stays home very little. I am a girl scout troop co-leader of a group of 15 6-8 year olds. Then I have Jonathan, enough said. Dave works in Vegas so he commutes and I am the family taxi driver. I really enjoy living here in Pahrump so I can be home with my babies.